Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sugar cookies

The other day we made sugar cookies. The recipe is from Michelle, friend of my sister in law Holly. We haven't make these cookies in a very long time and we forgot how good they are.

Sugar cookies
makes 2-3 dozen

2
cups flour (sifted)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
sift together in bowl and set aside
-

cream together:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggsAdd: Flour mixture gradually to the creamed mixture.
Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
Roll dough on a flour surface to a 1/4" thickness. Cut with cookie cutters or top of the drinking cup. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes @ 375F

Wilton Butter-cream Icing

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups (approx 1lb) powdered sugar
2Tbsp Milk

- In large bowl cream margarine and shortening
- Add vanilla
-Gradually add powdered sugar one cup at a time beating well and scraping sides of the bowl often.
-Add milk and mix at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
(Keep in air-tight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.



I had a little helper so the end result is not the best looking but the cookies are so good.




2 comments:

hillary said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm in need of a good one. I made them for valentines day and mine turned out really crappy. I'll have to try yours.

Iva said...

I hope you will like the cookies